The role of the centrifuge: The centrifuge is a machine that uses centrifugal force to accelerate the separation of different materials that need to be separated. Centrifuges are widely used in the chemical industry, petroleum, food, pharmaceutical, mineral processing, coal, water treatment and shipping, and other departments.
Why do craft breweries like to use centrifuges?
Nowadays, many craft breweries like to use centrifuges to clarify beer, why is this? Today we will discuss this issue.
1. Application of centrifuge in craft beer
The application scenarios of centrifuges in craft beer include pre-filtration, control of yeast count (maintaining a certain turbidity), and recovery of wort in thermal coagulation.
2. Advantages of using centrifuge
Compared with traditional filtration and sedimentation methods, centrifuges can significantly reduce processing time and increase production. And it can control the total suspended solids (TTS) in clarified beer, which can be bottled directly. The centrifuge also maintains lower entry and exit temperatures, minimizing flavor and mouthfeel loss for longer product shelf life.
Through frequency conversion drive, the service life of the centrifuge can be increased, the cost can be reduced, and the craft beer manufacturer can obtain a return on investment in a short period of time.
3. Features of new centrifuge
With the development of the industry and the advancement of technology, many domestic beer brewing equipment manufacturers are now able to design and manufacture new beer centrifuges with excellent quality and complete functions. Let's take a look at the characteristics of this centrifuge:
1. It has an inert gas sealing system - it can minimize the entry of oxygen into the clarified product. Separation by traditional centrifugation technology may cause oxygen to enter, which will block the tank and reduce production; the inert gas sealing system can isolate oxygen to ensure that the oxygen increase after centrifuge separation does not exceed 10ppb.
2. Monitoring system - with automatic pipeline outlet turbidity monitoring and total suspended solids control.
3. Control system - able to monitor all functions and adjust itself to maintain operating settings, ensuring trouble-free and safe operation at all times.
4. Meet the GMP standard - the manufacture of each stainless steel pipe meets the hygienic standard, and the centrifuge adopts a self-cleaning design, which does not need to be disassembled and cleaned.
5. With CIP online cleaning system - effectively clean the equipment and save resources and reduce labor costs.
6. It has an automatic water and product recirculation system - to keep the clarified beer in the centrifuge at a sufficiently low temperature.
7. Realize modular separation - multi-function, ready to use.
4. The use of centrifuge precautions
Since the centrifuge is a high-speed rotating machine, the drum will generate a huge centrifugal force during work. Therefore, in order to ensure the safety of operators and equipment, the following safety rules should be strictly observed during use:
1. Strictly clean and disinfect before use, pay attention to oxygen avoidance operation.
2. After the machine is used, the cleaning work should be done well to keep the machine clean and tidy.
3. Regularly check whether other parts are loose or abnormal.
4. It is strictly forbidden to overspeed the machine, so as not to affect the service life of the machine.
5. The oil level of the gear box must be checked before starting the machine, and the oil level must not be lower than the engraved line in the middle of the sight glass.
6. It must be ensured that the materials entering the centrifuge will not damage the metal residue or other hard substances inside the drum.
7. Operating soft water: total hardness (calculated as CaO) <250mg/L, and other indicators meet the drinking water standard. At the same time, pay attention to the control of operating water pressure. It is adjustable within the range of 0.3~0.6MPa. Adjust to the required pressure of the equipment should be able to maintain a stable.